Monday, August 11, 2008

Changzhi

Ni Hao!
New adventures that do not involve fish: Last night after supper in the market I saw a lady making dumplings through a store window and she let me try to make some! Yeah..I am not so skillful with the dumplings, but it was fun:-). Then today I ordered food for myself and asked the price, understood what he said and paid the man! All on my own! Doris gave me courage, plus she made me because she refused to do it for me even though she knew what I wanted and how much the meal was haha. She's a good friend.
So I went on a walk today around Changzhi and took a few pictures of the city. I also took some pictures today of my apartment, and my lovely view of the mountains. So here they are!

This is how people ride bikes in China

"Playground" outside my apt.


I watch these men play this game every evening

Park near the market


Middle of a busy street


Beijing 2008!

Resting

Dinner

Warning: Dump trucks with helium balloons ahead!



this man was singing to this little girl while they sold watermelon


Rui Rui and Hai Li Cooking on my porch/kitchen

Kitchen, hot water heater up to the right.



The view from my porch

Mac n Cheese with chopsticks (Sydney this isn't what I normally eat in China) ;-)

The aquarium...oh I mean my living room..yes..that is the imfamous couch.


Foyer/dining room/kitchen appliance room...

Hope you enjoyed the tour! many more pictures to follow. Now time to watch more Olympics, get pumped!! Who watched the men's swimming 400m relay.. INTENSE! Love it!
Zou La!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wendy, I am so excited to see your photos and hear about your life. I've shared your site with our small group, so you should be hearing from more of us. We are certainly remembering you! -Kim Brown