Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ok I've made it to Changzhi where I'll be living for the year. I took all these great pictures of the last few days of Jinhua and my time in Shanghai (which was amazing) but currently the pictures will have to wait due to internet connections and such. So lets see...
Matthew came to stay with me last week in Jinhua but we didn't get to play table tennis against eachother unfortunately! But I'm sure I would have schooled him, I have no doubt about that. haha totally kidding I'm horrible at table tennis, but it's fun. We had a great time together it was really hard to leave him in Shanghai.
My students bought me this really awesome stamp of my name and some red ink for it. It has tigers carved in the top of it because we were the tigers, that made me so happy! What a great gift. Very personal.
We traveled to Shanghai and went shopping there, I bought some gifts for the family and bargined for these earrings for Emily that she will love I'm sure, even if they are tacky and could have been purchased in America, but they're from China so they're special! Shanghai is crazy crowded. There were people everywhere. A lot of people spoke english so that was convient. We went down and saw the pearl tower, which was really cool and walked on the river and saw all the pretty boats lit up. A guy from Australlia stopped us and asked me if I knew where the sex museum was, unfortunately I was not able to help him. Do I look like the type of person who would know where the sex museum was?!!? seriously find a map buddy. I also found a Cold Stone Creamery in Shanghai and ate real icecream it was amazing! No soy pud for me! (soy pud is what I reference the ice cream here). I went to church the next morning and had a little head set that translated the sermon into english for me so that was pretty sweet. Then I watch a Chinese soap opera with Sue and then left. Living without Sue was an adjustment. Not having someone to joke around with constantly began my homesickness and lonliness.
I arrived in Changzhi by plane and I was met my Ann and Dean Wei and they brought me to my apt. Which is really cute, it's just like Womack Lanes for those MTSU peeps reading this. I've spent the last few days Cleaning, Listening to Flatfoot 56 and Death Cab, and buying some needed provisions for the apartment.
Ann introduced me to several people she knows here they all seemed so kind so hopefully we will begin spending some time together. Olympics begin in two days!!! Yay!:-) I'm pretty pumped about that!
Ok so this was a pretty random post and I know it has no pictures so it may be dull but I just wanted you to know I was alive (sorry Ott).
My facebook barely works so if you want to get in contact with me just email me: Camodenoe@yahoo.com

No comments: