Monday, July 21, 2008

Dancin' in the streets!

Unfortunately I have no photos of my evening, but I will tell you all about it! So Sue and I had ESL Olympics today in class which went over really well I think, but what do I know haha.
After dinner Sue and I went with Mr. J to a seamstress to have some clothes made, which is apparently very common over here. I picked out this cute dress and a skirt (shocking right...) hopefully they'll turn out nice but I really dont know. They're going to cost me 280 yuan which is about $40 which I thought was pretty good for a brand new dress and skirt handmade specially for me. Plus I haven't bought anything except that power strip since I've been here so I figured I'd splurge. So if they turn out bad maybe I can give them away to someone, who knows haha.
On our walk home we saw about 40 older women doing this "line dance" in the street to this cool Chinese pop music so we joined in. It was just like being at the Pede! Minus the trashy men and drunks, but including the odd smells and crowded dance floor. But no Emily getting burned so it was not as exciting. Also "Mr. Clean" wasn't there which I can't decide if I was extremely happy about that or extremely disappointed.. you decide.

No comments: