Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nashville in China.

Look what I found all the way in Jinhua, China!!!
One of my students was wearing this shirt today and I obviously freaked out and took her picture. I told everyone in the class.. "this is my city! This is where I live!!!...well close to where I live. This is where I'm from!" haha It was nice to see that today. 
Aside from this exciting discovery today went fairly well. My skirt is already finished and I'm a
waiting the dress' arrival. The skirt turned out very elegant. I'm pretty pumped about sporting that when I go out on the town.. if I ever do go out on the town haha. 
We did our last day of ESL Olympics today which I thought was fun, but a little tense at times. Glad thats over with. 
I've eaten all of my M&M's I really should have rationed those better... Hindsight right.. 
I practiced ping pong again today w/ Mr. Wo. He's a really great teacher, I am a very poor student. But I think I've learned a lot already from him so thats nice to think. 

For those of you who like those cooked water chestnuts that you find in a lot of stir fry.. this is what it looks like before it's cracked opened.  It looks like this tiny little root or a spiky potato. You break of those pointy parts and then bite down on it to crack it open and out comes a water chestnut.
Turns out I don't care for raw water chestnuts just like the cooked ones. Anyway I never knew what they looked like pre-stir fry so now I know, and now you do too! Or  maybe you already did and you might find this part of the blog a complete waste of time, maybe this is common knowledge to most people aside from myself haha But... you read this anyway so we're all entertained really.. 

Today I read this out of Psalms 63:5-8 and I wanted to share it: 
"You answer us by giving us victory, and you do wonderful things to save us, people all over the world and across the distant seas trust you. You set the mountains in place by your strength, showing your mighty power. You calm the roar of the seas and the noise of the waves; you calm the uproar of the peoples. The whole world stands in awe of the great things that you have done. Your deeds bring shouts of joy from one end of the earth to the other."

God is in China. I feel his presence here, and I see him everyday! These people are joyfully searching for a savior and they have found him and kept him in quiet still places and now they are shouting his praises and are excited and moved to speak of him. It's a blessing for me to just be close to that kind of devotion.

1 comment:

Shannon & Co. said...

I think that you have indeed scared the poo out of your student. She looks a little uncomfortable.