Saturday, July 19, 2008


Ok so today was an adventure. We visited the Double Dragon Cave, and as we were told several times it is a "4-A" natural attraction, which for you Americans like me who have no clue what that means, is that it is one of the best natural wonders in China as determined by their national park service. YAY!! haha It was very beautiful. To enter the cave we had to lay on our backs in this tiny boat and they pulled us through under this huge rock. Here's a picture of me "and Andy" (I've decided to bring him with me on all my adventures in China) laying in the boat ready to be pulled through the rock, and then there's a video of Sue's boat coming out from the rock. Inside the cave was the second largest waterfall in a cave 
in the world! the first is in Panama for those of you who were just asking yourself that. 
Then we went into a Taoist Temple, where you are not permitted to take pictures inside for those of you who wanted to see the large statue inside,
you'll have to travel to China for that. But here is the courtyard.
We had a delicious meal in the mountains, adventured through another cave which had "no steps" as the guide told us, turns out it had about 450 steps (thats a rough estimate).  But this cave was even
 prettier than Double Dragon Cave. The Chinese are all about some dragons, let me tell you! So I have some more pictures of the Cave, and the city of Jinhua from the mountains (very similar to maryville only with about 4.4 million more people living there) but Chinese internet is finicky sometimes. 

After the hike Xiao Mei our translator saw it fit for us to have a foot massage, which turned into a full body massage at this really fancy spa. The full body massage co
st a grand total of 50 yuan, which equals to about $7.50, Yes I freaking love China! Here's another picture so Loretta, Sue, Janette, and Maggie enjoying their massage. 

After this lovely hour, I went shopping with Xiao Mei (pronounced shaow mae) and we rode a bicycle taxi home which made me think of Michael Dalton, because doesn't he drive one of those things? During this ride Xiao Mei asked me about my "pigeon tattoo" haha this is where i discovered the word for Dove and Pigeon in Chinese are the exact same word. 
So that was my Saturday, Church tomorrow and then rest. 

No comments: