Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jinhuan Week 1

Ok so apparently "livejournal" does not work in China. I'm not sure why, so my attempts at creating a blog there have failed. So I figured out how to convert Blogger to English, go me! I'm to PC generation, except I'm on a mac..anyway!
I safely arrived in China last Sunday. I spent one night in Shanghi and lugged all our luggage onto a bus that took me to Nanjing, which is the most wonderful city I've ever seen. If you ever visit China I highly recommend a visit to Nanjing. I spent a week training in Nanjing and then traveled by night bus to Jinhuan where I will teach for the rest of July. I've been here teaching for one week and I love it! But I'm sure I'm not that great at it right now. I'm living in a dorm on campus. I've put a picture of the bathroom on here because I wanted you to see that they installed this western style toilet in the shower just for us! I thought that was really nice, and I have greatly appreciated it! 
I have seen so many new things here! I wish I could think of everything right here but I will keep all this short for now. I'm also inserting a picture of the church service. We had communion on sunday it made the world seem very small seeing us celebrate so similarly to people halfway around the world. 

No comments: